Thursday, March 03, 2011

Easy Peasy

Do you remember about a year and a half ago when we made princess go through "pacifier withdraw"? If not, you can go here to read about it. We told Buddy that when he turns 4, we were going to take him to "the store" and put his pacifier in an animal.

Let me just say, we thought Princess was attached to her pacifier. Buddy is a whole different story. He has given me such problems with that thing. I have tried so many times to make it that he can only have it at bedtime. I would put it up where I thought he wouldn't be able to reach it. He would climb whatever it was to get that stupid pacifier. He NEEDED that thing.

A few weeks ago, his blue pacifier got a small hole in it. I told him I didn't want him to use it anymore, but he could use his spare red one. Just like that, his red pacifier got a hole in it too. (I did not do it either.) Well I wasn't ready to go through "pacifier withdraw" with him, so I just let him have it. Instead of sucking on it, he started chewing on it. Well........

....he basically chewed it in half.

One day, he told me that he got a piece of his pacifier on his tongue and just wiped it off with his finger. I told him that he shouldn't use it any more because if that happened while he was sleeping, he would swallow it. He says, "Then I will choke and have to go to the hostible."

That night he laid his pacifier beside his bed and never tried putting it in his mouth. This past Saturday, we took him to put his pacifier in an animal. He choose the St. Patrick's Bear and name him "Clover".
Before being stuffed.
Ian and Clover happy at home.
Yes. Clover is wearing underpants.

This was probably the easiest transition we have had with Buddy. He DOES NOT like change.

1 comment:

Kathy Ansel said...

He is so proud to be thought of as a big boy now. (I love Clover's undies!) :)