Friday, July 22, 2011

Games, Painting, and Tea Parties

Yesterday the kids and I played many games of Crazy 8s, Mickey Mouse Yahtzee, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, and Cootie.

We went to Color Me Mine to learn how to bubble paint. I wish I would have had my camera, but it would have been hard to get pictures since I had JD and had to help Buddy and Princess. I will put "after pics" on when we pick up the bowls. Anyhow they painted their bowls inside and out. Then the lady at Color Me Mine, made a mixture of paint, water, and dish soap. The kids mixed it up, then put a straw in it and blew bubbles. While they were blowing bubbles, I had to put the bubbles in the bowl or dip the bowl in it. By the end, there was a big bubbly mess on the table (which is expected, the lady actually said we were allowed to make a mess). All of the other kids in the shop came over to our table and wanted to play in the bubbles. Buddy decided to taste the mixture. Not on purpose, he said he thought he was blowing. It was really cool. I can't wait to see the bowls when we pick them up. Princess wants to bubble paint all the bowls in my kitchen now. I'm thinking bubble painting will only be done at Color Me Mine. Hehe!

Then Princess loves "tea parties" (or really just eating on a blanket). So mid afternoon we had a tea party. Buddy, Princess, and I had chocolate chip cookies, vanilla ice cream with peanut butter and sprinkles, and grape Kool Aid. This was JD's very first "tea party". He enjoyed a graham cracker and water.

I'm trying to think of something to do today. Something in the cool of a building. These 100+ degree days are hard. The kids want to go outside, but are ready to come in after just 5 minutes of being out. Any ideas?

No comments: