Monday, June 23, 2008

Melting a Mother's Heart

This afternoon Princess and I sat down to eat a chocolate cookie. Of course I finished mine before she was even half way through her cookie. At my last bite she looked at me and said, "Want more, Mommy." I explained that there were no more. She said, "I break in half," and with that she broke a bite off of her cookie and handed it to me. I tried to explain that a bite of it was not half of the cookie - just kidding!!!

Then she said, "When Little Guy (only his real name) wakes up from nap, him eat cookie." So again I told her there were no more cookies. She said she would give him half of her cookie. She continued to eat, then looked up at me with her big blue eyes and said, "I wuv Little Guy." Then she saved a couple of crumbs for him - "little bites," she said.

My prayer is that even at the age of 16 she will love her little brother just as she does now.

6 comments:

Livin' Life said...

That's sooo adorable!!! BTW I had way to much fun with Little Guy in nursery last week at VBS. I just can't believe how much he smiles. He is cute.

Melissa said...

Very sweet! What a precious heart she has! But, she also has a very sweet mommy and daddy to train her up! :-)

Hands-Free Heart said...

Definitely heart-melting. So sweet!

Trish said...

That's so precious! You're doing a good job, mom.

Mrs. C said...

Aw shucks - you didn't explain what "half" meant?!? Ok...Mrs. C will do that next time. Just kidding.

She is truly adorable and you are investing in your children individually as well as in their relationship. You are an awesome mama!

Promises said...

This is so precious! Your kids are so adorable and it was great to see all of you at TCC's house the other day! :)