Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Princess Growing Up

I was just emailing On Fire the other day updating her on my family and this is what I wrote about my princess:

She is becoming independent lately. I can't believe how "grown up"
she is. She has to be mommy's little helper. She shuts doors for me,
turns off lights (with my help, since she can't reach), she hangs her own coat
up (with my help), puts laundry in the washer and dryer (with my help), picks up
toys or spilled snacks, etc. I just can't believe how much she can do,
soon she will be running to the store for me.

Her vocabulary is increasing as well. She still doesn't say a lot of words but her list includes: this, that, uh-oh, momma, dadda, what's that?, gulk (for milk),
ally-ally-all.

This stage of her life is busy, busy, busy, testing,
testing, testing. Some moments I just want to pull my hair out and then
the next I am just amazed at how smart, fun, and silly she is.
First of all I really can't believe how much she has changed in 15 months. You see it in other kids/babies but it is completely different when it is your own. I think you appreciate it so much more. I also think that I didn't realize what she was doing until I sat down to tell someone else. Just makes me think that I need to sit back more often and take it all in.

After reading this again, I realize that there are things that I left out like how she picks out things (i.e. animals, balloons, etc.) in books that we are reading, she can step up a tiny step we have from the kitchen to the dining room - she doesn't have to crawl up it anymore. I'm sure there is so much more. I am going to watch her today and make note of it.

No comments: