Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bitter Sweet

Today is a bitter sweet day for me.

Bitter because... As I sit here blogging I have what I call a "Crying Hangover". I have a horrible headache and my eyes are still swollen from crying last night and this morning. I had to say "See you later" to my best friends, Mr. and Mrs. OnFire this morning. I have known them for almost 7 years now. And if you read OnFire's blog you know that they are moving. Well today is the day. They left my house this morning at about 9:30 a.m. I didn't think it would be as hard as it was.

I am so excited for them. God has called them into missions. They have always had a heart for missions and now they are taking the next step by going to school to become missionaries. They are both incredible people who love God with all their hearts. I can't wait to see what God has for them.

Please keep them in your prayers. They are leaving all of their friends and family and going to a place that they do not know anyone. While I know this will be great for them to reconnect as a family, it is also going to be hard for them. Please pray that God will put people in their lives who will encourage and stretch them and for friends who they click with immediately.

Sweet because... I am typing on my brand new COMPUTER!!! It is so nice. I know it is just a material thing, but it reminds me that my God does care about the little things in life. With my new computer, I have a USB port that I can plug my camera into (our old computer was created before USB) or I can just put my memory card right into the computer and attach pictures to my blogs. I am soooo excited!!

I will say "thank you" to God every time I get on this wonderful computer.

No comments: