Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What the Books Don't Tell You

I'm sure my kids are the only ones like this. It seems when I am on the phone, they like to misbehave or cry.

Today I was talking to my mom on the phone. Little Guy starts screaming. Frustrated Princess comes over and hits him on the head. I ask my mom to hold on a minute. I decided that I needed to punish Princess right away for this (otherwise she would forget what she did). I also decided that a spanking was in order for this (you know punish hitting with hitting - makes sense doesn't it). Anyways, I put Princess over my knee, pull her shorts down, and pull her diaper up a little so some of her cheek is exposed. I proceed to giver her her spanking. She cries. I give her a hug, talk to her about what she did AND THEN............


realize that I have poop on my fingers, arm, her arm, her shirt and shorts. Disgusting!

The books on discipline never tell you to make sure your toddler has a clean diaper before spanking.

Now I am off to change Dora's diaper. Princess just brought her and a clean diaper to me saying "Poop". It never ends!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yet another good poop story!

Is there no end to our poop stories??!!

Hands-Free Heart said...

Yuck! I have noticed (and never seen in a parenting book) that my toddlers always would misbehave when they had a messy diaper... and keep on misbehaving until I realized they needed a change. After the diaper change, they would go back to being perfect angels ;)

This Journey of Mine said...

Oh gosh, that is just disgusting. Yuck!

Natalie said...

I have chuckled over this story since I first read it yesterday. Just sitting at a red light today I pictured the whole scenario in my mind and then had a good belly laugh. Thanks for sharing!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh. My. Goodness! The first time I read this, I had to stop and re-read. I can't say that this has ever happened to me, but it sure will give me pause in the future - one more in diapers to come, you know. Thanks for the laugh - have you been able to laugh about it yet? :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, your kids are so big!! That story is hilarious. That is totally something I can see happening in my house. It reminds me of a story I'm about to post. Check out my site.