Friday, July 20, 2007

Sleep = Normalcy?

Wow! This week has actually felt like things may be getting back to normal - whatever normal is.

The Little Guy has been much easier to deal with. I am sitting here thinking "what do I mean by 'easier to deal with' ". I think I mean he is sleeping better. He's still not sleeping through the night (except for one night last week and last night), but he is only getting up once, eating, and going right back to sleep without any problems. Easier also because I can put him in his bouncey seat or his gym and he is happy for at least 15 minutes. My only issue with him right now is he still wants to eat every 2 - 2 1/2 hours when I think he could hold off for every 5 hours (ok I am exagerating a little).

Princess is such a happier little girl lately. It is amazing what sleep can do. I am just now realizing that she has not been getting enough sleep in the last couple of months. Just in the last week or two, I'm not sure what happened but she has been sleeping longer in the mornings and taking longer naps. She is so pleasant to be around. She doesn't whine or cry everytime she doesn't get what she wants. For the last 3 - 4 months, Hubby or I had to be in her eyesight for her to fall asleep at night. We did the thing where we were in her room, then slowly moved out into the hallway. Well one night I got fed up with this routine and told her she could go to sleep without seeing mommy and I shut her door. She cried for maybe 5 minutes and that was it. Now she cries when I shut the door, but then stops right away. It is so nice to be free from the old routine. She doesn't contol me anymore!

Princess loves The Little Guy so much. She always wants to know where he is. She gives him kisses all the time. She is such a little helper too. She brings me his pacifier, blanket, or anything else that she thinks he needs.

The Little Guy loves Princess too. He gives her such big smiles and talks to her. When he hears her voice (or cry), he gets a big smile on his face.

No comments: