Friday, November 03, 2006

Difficult Week

This week has been very tiring for me. My 29-year-old husband got gout this past weekend. This is not the first that he has had it, but it is definitely the worst it has ever been. He normally can limp and get where he wants to go, but this time he cannot put any weight on it. He has been using crutches all week. Not a big deal right? Well, he works for the State of Pennsylvania. They have no parking for their employees. So Hubby parks on City Island and walks about 15-20 minutes to and from work everyday. Needless to say, I have been taking him to work every morning. He has to be there by 7:00 a.m. and I pick him up every afternoon at 3:30 p.m.

This is screwing up Princess's schedule. She is now waking up around 6:15 a.m. (instead of 7:30 a.m.). She is having a hard time with her morning nap. She normally naps around 3:00 p.m. Well that is the time we leave to pick up Daddy. So she naps in the car. Sometimes she will go back to sleep when we get home, but other times she is awake and ready to go when we get home.

She has also been VERY clingy lately. She cries if I sit her down. She will not stay in a room unless I am in there. Therefore, I am not getting much housework done (or able to spend time on the computer - blogging!!)

Praise the Lord. She has been sleeping for the last hour and a half. I got some housework done and time on the computer. Hallelujah!!!!!!!

I have to get going though, so I am not proofing this post. Sorry if there are mistakes.

Disclaimer - Honey, I know you will read this. I do not mind taking care of you. I just have been a little worn out as you know and I needed to vent. I love you and Princess very much and enjoy taking care of you.

1 comment:

This Journey of Mine said...

Ooh, I am so sorry to hear that D has gout and a bad case of it. We will be praying for him - that is a promise. BTW - I didn't hear you complaining, just explaining. You are pregnant, have a 13 month old, and have a sick hubby. That is a big plate full. Send our love and prayers to your husband. We will intercede and ask the Lord to bring relief and healing to him, immediately.

Miss you!