Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Weekend Away

Friday I left around 4:00p.m. to go to a women's retreat with my church. I was a little nervous because this was the first that I left Princess overnight. She did stay at home with her daddy, so it wasn't an overnighter at another house. Anyhow, I was still worried that she wouldn't be able to sleep without me.

I returned almost exactly 24 hours later. She slept through the night, took her naps, ate fine, played, did everything that she does when I'm around. Can you believe it? She doesn't even need me. I know I shouldn't go that far.

I am relieved to know that she will be ok even if I'm not around.

I know that there are millions of mom's who will read this (ok, probably not millions, but you know what I am saying) and think that I am crazy because I was worried, but you have to realize I am a new mom. Think about when you were in my shoes.

The retreat was wonderful. I had a wonderful time getting to know some of the ladies in my church a little bit better. I love to hang out with just the girls. One of the ladies that I was hanging out with gave me and the 5 other girls a foot massage. How wonderful!

More importantly the worship by Jeremiah and Amy Grube was awesome! You could feel the presence of the Lord being welcomed into the room. The speaker Rachel Hickson was awesome also. She is such a women of God. I am not going to try to summarize the messages. Mom In Action did a great job of it. Check out her posting.

No comments: