Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Day Away


Yesterday was a much needed day. I left my little girl with her Grammy for almost 12 hours while my husband and I spent a day at Hershey Park with On Fire for Him. While we were there, we ran into Mom in Action. She was soaking wet from coming off the River Rapids. Anyhow, we had a great day! My favorite ride is the Storm Runner with The Great Bear closely behind. We also rode The Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge - which I won with a total score of 16500 points!!!

It seems like I leave my daughter about once a month but only for a couple of hours at a time. Almost any other time you will see her attached to my hip. I am beginning to realize that I need to get away more often, but it is so hard for me. I always think she will give whoever is watching her a hard time and that person will become very frustrated. It hasn't happened yet but for some reason I think this will be the time.

God is going to stretch me even more. I have been wanting to go to the women's retreat that my church is having in a couple months, but I am very nervous about leaving her over night. She will be with her daddy, but you know I won't be there. Will she be able to sleep without me? Just today I was debating whether or not I was going to go and low and behold a friend called to see if I am going and if I am I could room with her. God always works in mysterious ways. Now I know that I am supposed to be at that retreat and that God is going to take care of my husband and daughter.

No comments: